[IP] highs after breakfast

I have had the problem with after breakfast highs for years.  Someone just suggested a routine
which is now working for me:
I take a larger breakfast bolus, and DECREASE my basal for the next 3 hours at the same time that
I take the bolus.  I use the temp basal because I don't eat at the same time every morning.  If
your routine does not vary, then you could set your morning basal pattern accordingly.
It is working very well for me.
The basis for this is that a bolus continues to lower your BG for at least 4 hours.
You are trying to get lower just 2 hours after the bolus.
So you have to over bolus, and decrease the corresponding basal at the same time to compensate.
I went from 1:10 breakfast ratio to 1:9
And I decrease my basal to 2/3 the amount for the 3 hours after that bolus.
Good luck, and keep in mind that I am not medically trained.  You may have different results than
I did.
By the way, the rest of your readings seemed to be a little TOO low.  I would not be happy with
70.  It's too close to a low blood sugar.  You might want to adjust something to keep your premeal
and bed closer to 90.

Do You Yahoo!?