[IP] Tubing - ideas for recycled?

I cut the two ends off my tubing and use it to tie my snow peas to their
lattice in the garden.  As an old hippy, I find it difficult to put
expensive material into the landfill if it can have some use.  This is
incredibly expensive stuff!  It has only had insulin in it, no bodily
fluids.  Is anyone else out there as reluctant to discard tubing as I am
and how do you use it? I'm wondering if I could use it on my
weedwhacker, AKA string trimmer?  Are there any artists out there who
have some creative ideas about re-use of tubing?  Linda