[IP] changing out every 2 days

Last May I went to the Joslin Center in Pittsburg because my endo left town.
The doctor that I saw there found out that I usually change about every 4
days. He said to try to change every 2 days, 3 at the most. He explained  that
during the DCCT, sites were changed every day (at no cost to the
participants). He said that after 48 hours, even though nothing may show, the
site starts getting irritated and may affect absorption rates. He said that if
my insurance company gave me a hassle about changing every two days, to let
him know and he would write them a letter to explain.
I'm doing better now, changing every three days. I cant stand the thought of
paying my 20% on the extra reservoirs and sets, let alone all the insulin
wasted in the tubing.