Re: [IP] Header in email

Dear Fellow List-Members

Nobody is asking anybody to either pay up or unsub. You are welcome on this
list whether or not you make a donation. All Michael is asking is that if you
are able to make a contribution of any amount (even a small one), you do so.
He, too, has a family to help support and he spends most of his time
maintaining this list. Is it fair that he should fully support it financially
as well? We all benefit from the IP list: in knowledge, in companionship, in
community with others who understand what we deal with on a daily basis, and
in friendships.

Please remain on the list, even if you cannot make a contribution at this
point. I went through a period when I could not afford to contribute, but
nobody suggested that I leave the list. Now that I can afford to contribute,
I do. But if the list had gone away because others failed to contribute, it
would not be here for me to contribute to today.

If you *can*, please make a contribution so that we may *all* benefit from
the IP list. If you cannot, please don't feel that you *must*.

Jan Chait
one of the volunteer IP admins

In a message dated 8/25/02 11:28:06 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail.
 > Have I made my donation??  Am I able to make a donation should be the
 > question.  I am a single mom of two kids.  I guess ten dollars wouldn't be
 too much to ask for but at this point in time I am concentrating on my bills
 that I must pay to keep my household running and
 > saving money to feed my kids and pay for all my supplies for my pump.
 I guess I will have to unsub then.  I, too, am a single mom with 4 kids, 3
 of whom have health issues.  It costs me a great deal just to feed one of my
 kids who is on a special diet, not to mention feeding, clothing and housing
 for the rest of us.  We don't get any govt assistance, either.
 Sherri >>