[IP] Funny Pump Story

Insulin Pumpers is supported entirely through donations. Your contribution
of $1 or $2 per month is needed. Please make your pledge of $10 or more per
year so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve YOU and the diabetes
community.     Visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

You mentioned in your posting to IP that you wondered if anyone had anymore
funny stories about pumps--well I usually hang out on the POP list, but
browse this one sometimes, too.  My daughter just got her pump last May and
wore it to school (7th grade-you know those middle-schoolers).  She came
bursting in the door one afternoon and said, "Mom, I've got the most
fantastic dumb blonde joke  you've ever heard (sorry, no offense to
blondes-only quoting her cliche). My daughter was walking down the hall at
school with several of her friends, who were well-informed about her pump,
which was attached to the waistband of her jeans.  A "blonde" schoolmate
said, "Hey, how come you're allowed to wear an M3P player at school?" My
daughter replied that she was just careful not to get caught.   Then the girl
asked how she could hear the music, since she didn't have any headphones
showing. All of the other kids were looking around to see what my daughter's
reply would be since they knew it was a pump.  "Oh, you see this little tube
that goes into my side? Well, I download the music and it goes though the
tube into my side and then I can hear it without headphones."
The "blonde" got a strange look on her face and then exclaimed, "Wow, I wish
I had one of those!"  My daughter and her friends never told her any
different and still giggle about it. I felt a little bad about them leading
the other kid on, but I had to stick that story in my mental archives to
recall years down the road.
Sherry, mom to Liz, age 13, dx 3/01, ppMM508, 5/02