Re: [IP] be Loud Be Proud Be Bumpy

Insulin Pumpers is supported entirely through donations. Your contribution
of $1 or $2 per month is needed. Please make your pledge of $10 or more per
year so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve YOU and the diabetes
community.     Visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

> I never "hide" my pump or my "wires".  They hang right out there
> on my pants, sometimes I get questions, and I just love to explain it

I keep my pocket pancreas and it's accoutrements tucked in,
but that's more a personal preference for not having things
hanging out.

Given that, I find that very few people even seem to notice.
More often, it's someone I know, and who already knows about
my condition, that asks questions. The other day a co-worker
asked, in the locker room after we made use of the running
trial, if being a cyborg made getting dressed difficult :).

Other times, I've had a business associate ask if I needed to
run back to the plant when I did a bolus during lunch meeting.
Again, it was someone I knew, so I was happy to explain that
this thing wasn't a pager and I didn't need to run off and fix
something. IT people tend to get the picture real quick when I
tell 'em I outsourced my insulin production.

hmmm... I wonder if there's more amusing stories (well, more
amusing than mine) about how people have reacted to the
presence of an insulin pump.
                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+
                I++ !M !MM N++ O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S#
                RLCT a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#