[IP] published

Insulin Pumpers is supported entirely through donations. Your contribution
of $1 or $2 per month is needed. Please make your pledge of $10 or more per
year so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve YOU and the diabetes
community.     Visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

Recently I had written in about an article in the newspaper about a 7 y/o who
was going to have to wait until he was 12 for a pump.  Someone at IP
suggested perhaps I should write a letter to the newspaper and enlighten the
area about pumping and IP.  Well, my letter came out in todays newspaper.  My
sister, who is an RN, says it was very good.  So, hopefuly, the people of
this area will check out the site!
Also, heard from a neighbor about a friend of hers who is a pumper.  Seems
last week he made the local news.  He drove from "town" to his home--about 25
miles--with a police car following him with it's lights on, and he never saw
the police car behind him!  Yes, he was having an insulin reaction.  I
understand he was going to the dr this week to see what's going on.
Hopefully I will be in contact with this gentlman as I need to find a doc who
works with pumpers.

Also, to Sara, I agree with you about letting others see the pump!  The lady
who gave me my first set of pumps said she used to get lots of stares because
people thought she was playing with her bosom!  (She wears hers in her bra.)

dx 3/63
pumping 3/2000