Re: [IP] what pump do I get?

Insulin Pumpers is supported entirely through donations. Your contribution
of $1 or $2 per month is needed. Please make your pledge of $10 or more per
year so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve YOU and the diabetes
community.     Visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

At 11:21 AM 8/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I am an active 50 year old female.  I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic
>less than 1 year ago.  I am going to try the pump so that my physical
>activity can remain at as high a level as possible without experiencing
>hypoglycemia.  I love to jog, ski, golf, play raquetball, bike etc.  My
>physician recommended either the animus pump or the minimed pump.  I want
>it to be waterproof, I think.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Yes.  Get the rep from each pump company and play with the pumps and YOU
CHOOSE which one you want.  I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that
only the Animas and D-Tron our considered waterproof meaning you can dive
20 feet or whatever.  Again I just can't say it enough.  You have to wear
it and so you should be able to choose which will satisfy your needs and
requirements.  That's what those reps are there for so make them do a
little work.  :-)  I know that Animas has a web site in which you can
actually use the pump on line.  But I would still physically look at all
three and determine which meets your needs.

Fran, who loves her Animas but that is me and may not be you