Re: [IP] be Loud Be Proud Be Bumpy

Insulin Pumpers is supported entirely through donations. Your contribution
of $1 or $2 per month is needed. Please make your pledge of $10 or more per
year so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve YOU and the diabetes
community.     Visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

At 10:48 AM 8/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Sara, What a woman you are!   I agree I am proud and have pulled my pump out
>of my bra at a luncheon with many doctors present who had never seen a pump.
>And almost all of them were very interested in seeing it and really knowing
>how it worked.  I was so pleased and we were all better off for the

Ya, sort of sad when people are more interested in your pump then your
boobs.  LOL  Sorry couldn't resist.  :-)

I agree with what everyone has said on this topic.  I never ever hide my
diabetes.  And I don't wanna start a war but I also test in public.  If
people don't want to look they don't have too.  For me I refuse to let
diabetes inconvenience my life in anyway.  About 20 years ago when I
started using strips I was having dinner with my parents in a nice
restaurant.  I pulled out my meter and began to test at the table.  I
thought my parents were gonna "s*&t".  I couldn't believe it.  They just
started reaming me.  I looked at them and said "well just turn away so you
don't have to watch because I am nut budging".  They finally got use to
their daughters ways and when we went out for Mom's 70th to a really fancy
place where I even put a dress on my pump was in my bra and when the meal
arrived I got my pump out and bolused.  Not a peep from
anyone.  Hoooorrraaaay for us be Loud Be Proud Be Bumpy.  :-)

Ahh Geez one time too my tubing was hanging out of my outfit and this woman
comes at me with scissors because she thought it was a
thread.  Ikes!!  :-)  And one last comment when I was on one of the
original pumps I had no choice but to where it on my waist because it was
so huge.  I just didn't care what people thought for I was happy and
enjoying life and feeling much better on a pump.