Re: [IP] be Loud Be Proud Be Bumpy

Insulin Pumpers is supported entirely through donations. Your contribution
of $1 or $2 per month is needed. Please make your pledge of $10 or more per
year so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve YOU and the diabetes
community.     Visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

In a message dated 8/24/02 10:24:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>   If I would have had the support from my mom that you moms out ther give
> your diabetic children,intstead of total denial, hiding the fact that I was
> diabetic, and not even telling the school, handing out candy bars to my
> brothers, and shoving one in my face also, which was really hard for me to
> resist, I probably wouldn't have been in so much denial myself.  Maybe I
> wouldn't have went into a diabetic coma when I was 18.

                               43, diagnosed 4-'71, pumping since 6-24-02