Re: [IP] be Loud Be Proud Be Bumpy

In a message dated 8/24/02 7:05:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I never "hide" my pump or my "wires".  They hang right out there
> on my pants, sometimes I get questions, and I just love to explain it
> all.  I think that the more of us that show and explain, the more people
> may start understanding.  That would help to eliminate the fear and
> misunderstandings.  So I also say.... Be loud, be proud and BE BUMPY, wires
> and all!  :o)

  I agree, and not only does it eliminate fear and misunderstandings, but my
experience in showing my pump has been that it has encouraged many insulin
dependent diabetics to look into getting one. They get excited about it and
thank me for sharing with them how the pump can so greatly improve our
quality of life.