Re: [IP] Re: Canadian research - was article on Caffeine and BG

In a message dated 8/24/02 9:11:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have gone to the last two international JDRF conferences..one in Chicago
> and the last in Washington DC and I have to say I LOVE the Canadians!!
> They
> have done so much for diabetes and they have a GREAT sense of humor!!!!

And to add to that, I have met Dr. James Shapiro from Edmonton through JDRF (
I serve on the lay review committee) & when I first shook his hand & said
"it's truly an honor to meet you", this gracious man said to me" Oh no - it
is an honor for ME to meet a parent who deals with diabetes
constantly"!!!........and when he met my daughter, he was equally gracious,
inviting her to come up & visit his islets sometimes!! LOL
p.s. I was at the Chicago conference too....
Renee (pump mom to Melissa)