[IP] re: sensitivity training

I got a pleasant surprise yesterday when my son went to the regular clinic
for the pre-college physical this year. We were chatting with the doc in the
reception area after Brendan came out, and I remarked that we had good
senses of humor in our family. The doc said "well, you'd have to, after he
was diagnosed with diabetes. Something had to keep you going"

It was so nice to hear some acknowledgement of the seriousness of the
disease without a accompanying lecture on BGs, complications, or total