[IP] Non-diabetic blood sugars

I just tested my sister's blood sugars today "for fun" and she had a BS
of 8.3mmol.  Whenever I've tested her before she's been in the 4 or 5s.
What really worries me is that she's the exact same age I was at
diagnosis and she says she's been peeing a lot lately.  Should I/she be
concerned? I'm pretty sure she's going to go to the doctor and get tested
anyway but we're both a little freaked about it and I'd like to know how
worried we should be about a Bs of 8.3. TIA.Sara M