[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #559

1 gram raises my 5 year old's BG about 10 points. It makes it very easy
since a Jelly Belly jelly bean is 1 gram. My son never minds eating 5 jelly
beans to give him a quick boost. I also read in the pumping insulin book
that jelly beans are converted very rapidly to glucose by the body - even
more so than juice.

Mom to Ryan (5 and pumping since 8/17/00) and Celia (8 and non-diabetic)

<<<<<<<I was wondering what would be the maximum one gram of glucose
would raise ones
blood sugar.  I need this info for an article I'm writing.  I remember
someone writing that for their young child one gram of glucose would raise
by 10 points, it looks to me that for young children this may hold true.
info?  Rabbi Hirsch Meisels<>>>>>>>>