[IP] Question about an 81mg per day Aspirin regimen

    I had a Thallium stress test yesterday and everything was normal with my
heart. I'm taking Lisinipril for some slightly elevated blood pressure, and
because an x-ray showed that my heart is "top normal" (whatever that means) in
size. I don't have any problems according to the Thallium stress test with any
blockages or restrictions.
    I asked the nurse who gave me the results from my doctor to ask the doctor
if I should continue on the Aspirin regimen he started me on a couple of weeks
ago since I don't have any problems with blockages. Of course she had to wait
and ask the doctor then call me back. When she called me back she told me that
the doctor said to continue with the aspirin regimen. However, there wasn't an
explanation as to why. I'll have to wait until September's appointment to find
out why. Does anyone else take the Aspirin even though there apparently isn't
anything wrong with their heart?
    I'm also concerned that when I get the pump that I'm going to have more
bruising at infusion sites because of the Aspirin.
    Thank You,
    Cody S. Alderson