Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #557Great school news

> I would feel very strongly that a diabetic
> child should not have his own nurse at school and for field trips.

We've never had the personal nurse at school,  but it is always set
up that if I can't attend a field trip, then the District will send along
his nurse for the field trip and hire a sub nurse to stay at school.

We had to push this two years ago when my mom was first sick with
Cancer and I couldn't attend a field trip.    I let the teacher and nurse
know that they would need to contact the district fo get a replaacement
for the nurse for the day as she would be on a day trip.    They refused,
principal refused, etc.    However, I'd been reading education legal law
and knew one needed to be provided.

Our state nursing manual even says this.

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO