[IP] High blood sugars - Ovulation?

Hi,I've had extremely high blood sugars for the past 24 hours and nothing
seems to be helping. I've changed sites, insulin, and taken shots.  I
can't get my numbers to go below 15mmol and at one point they were
31.6mmol! At this point, I'm showing large amounts of ketones but I'm
drinking lots of fluids and keep pumping myself full of insulin. The same
thing happened last month, about 4 weeks ago.
The only thing I can think of that could be causing these high numbers is
my menstrual cycle. I've always had 1 day where my sugars go high about 3
or 4 days before my period starts and I can control it with extra
insulin.  Is it possible that ovulation can cause insulin resistance?
I've had diabetes for 4 years and never had this problem before but it's
the only thing I can think of that could possibly account for it. If this
is the problem, what can I do about it? Increasing my insulin doesn't
seem to help. Any suggestions?Thanks, Sara MolyneauxP.S. Please email
directly as I only get the digest.