Re: Nurse competency was Re: [IP] First week of school & @#$#$#@^%#@ Nur...

I'm confused here so any RNs out there please help me out!!!!!!  I was always
taught that RNs were to follow MD orders unless they felt that those orders
would put a patient into a life jeopardy type of situation.  Now, we are
talking about orders that are talking about when/where a child can test BGs
and give him/herself insulin or other related stuff (sugars) as needed.  What
is so difficult about reading orders like that.  When nurses start things
that they can practice medicine without the benefit of a MD degree or atleast
NP then we have a REAL problem on our hands.

mom to Joshua and whose endo asks ME before he puts anything into writing!!!!
 Aren't we lucky Kerri?????