Re: [IP] change out every 2 days anyone?

In a message dated 8/22/02 8:09:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Hi, i have been having some problems with bs rising on the 3rd day, the day
> when i do my change out. my dr thought about switching me to novalog, but
> my
> cde just called and said to do a change out every 2 days, and fax her my bs
> readings. i don't really want to do this. every 3rd is enough for me. does
> any one change out every 2 days, or did your dr just tell you to try
> novalog.
> i told my cde i am going to see how i do on sat. the third day, see if they
> rise or not. because its not always consistent. so she says to do that and
> let her know. i just think 2 days is to much. any thoughts! thanks eileen

   Hi Eileen,

       I usually do a change-out every 3 days, but when I went on vacation to
my mom's in Utah, in 115 degree heat, my blood sugars went way up on the 3rd
day, also.  I was told to change out my site evry 2 days and that did the
trick.  I don't know how hot it is where you live, but in my case, I think it
was the heat that was deteriorating the insulin, as when I came back home,
where it was a little cooler, I went back to change-outs every 3 days with no