[IP] change out every 2 days anyone?

>Hi, i have been having some problems with bs rising on the 3rd day, the day
>when i do my change out. my dr thought about switching me to novalog, but
>cde just called and said to do a change out every 2 days, and fax her my bs
>readings. i don't really want to do this. every 3rd is enough for me. does
>any one change out every 2 days, or did your dr just tell you to try
>i told my cde i am going to see how i do on sat. the third day, see if they
>rise or not. because its not always consistent. so she says to do that and
>let her know. i just think 2 days is to much. any thoughts! thanks eileen

I change every 2 to 2 1/2 days, and I use Humalog.  I have to change this
often, though, because otherwise I'd run out of insulin.  I use about 60
units a day...and the Paradigm only allows effectively 150 units.  I thought
about switching to Novolog until I read that Novolog has a longer acting
time...it starts working in 10-20 minutes compared to 5-15 for Humalog...and
it lasts for 4-5 hours instead of 3-4 for Humalog.  That extra time just
wouldn't work well for me.