Re: [IP] Morning sugar rises-Dawn phenomenon

>   Extra basal to
> cover this effect usually works.  Most, but not all people, need more basal
> between 3 and 5 a.m. to hold down the rise you are describing.
But mine does not occur until I get up.  When I get up, whether it be at 7am,
9am or 11am, my BS will be between 80 and 90, but by just getting up and
wondering around the house, getting dressed, reading the paper, it will
raise about 20 points.  It is hard to correct for with just increasing the
basal, because it needs to be when you get up for when I get up and that is
not really a set time for me.  Also, no coffee involved.

Judi in MI