[IP] Some pumping questions I have

    I'm still on the Humulin R & NPH twice a day and I desperately want the
control that I think a pump can give me. Prospects are looking better that I
may be able to get a pump.
    I've narrowed my pump decision down to the Animas or the Paradigm. The
paradigm is waterproof to 8 feet for 24 hours now according to a company rep
so that was one more thing I was looking for. However, in the Animas video a
guy drops the pump on the floor to show its durability so I was wondering if
there is any specs on which one holds up better to a drop to the floor.
    Also, is there anything to Minimed's Bio-Pulse delivery system instead of
the 3 minute delivery system?
    I'm concerned a little about site irritation and infection because I have
had cellulitis twice in the past year, and whenever I pull off a securely
stuck bandage I get a slight bruising sometimes.
    I was looking at the time for a paradigm to detect an occlusion in the CD
version of the user manual. The Paradigm will not sound a No Delivery alarm
until 3 units are missed. The graph shows that at a 0.1 u/h delivery rate that
could be 30 hours before an alarm. Does the Animas fair better in this
    One last thing (For now anyway <grin>) I wear jeans mostly and I would
like to wear the pump on my belt. I'm a big guy and am concerned about
occlusions. If I wear the pump on my belt the tubing will have to go down
inside my pants, under my t-shirt, and back up passed my belt to the infusion
site. Has anyone had trouble with this?
    Thank you for your patience with an anxious wannabe pumper,

    Cody S. Alderson