Re: [IP] RE: Morning Sugar Rises and Coffee

I was just at the doctor today and we are going to test my basal rates. During this time my doc said to not drink any caffeine because it makes some people resistant to insulin...therefore meaning you would possibly have to bolus for the coffee you drank even if it was plain black
 Laura Shapiro wrote:I wrote yesterday concerning my drop in BG which usually happens between 6 and
9 AM. However, on days when this isn't creating a problem I also have noted a
rise like this person has described. I gave up powdered creamer, and went to
a drop of half and half (unless I am sleepy and jut pour too much.)
How can coffee have a high glycemic index??????

I've got two problems going in the Am and still dont know what to do!