re:[IP] Morning sugar rises

Original message..............
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:28:49 -0500
From: Mike English <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Morning sugar rises

I have a question about having good readings when I first wakeup , ie
this morning I was 112, then one hour later after getting ready and
driving to work without eating a thing I'm at 187. What's the deal here?
If I do eat before leaving for work and bolus accordingly I'm usually
under 150 two hours later. I don't think this has to do with my basal
rate but maybe I'm wrong. Any suggestions will be great.

Michael  Dx1991, pumping 10 months and love my 511

My response:
Did you have coffee?  Morning coffee has a very high glycemic index.  I pumped for 5 years before
I figured out that I needed to take 1.5 units the minute I wake up, to cover my coffee and morning
'stress'.  It is a significant amount, as my daily total is only around 25 units.
I need that bolus whether I am going to work or not.
It is not an incorrect basal setting, because my basals are perfect if I sleep in.
You may need to do something similar.
Linda - pumping 7 years with MM 506, 507, and 511.

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs