Re: [IP] Morning sugar rises-Dawn phenomenon

In a message dated 8/22/02 7:34:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> morning I was 112, then one hour later after getting ready and
> driving to work without eating a thing I'm at 187

Dawn rise phenomenon.  It is well-documented in diabetics.  Extra basal to
cover this effect usually works.  Most, but not all people, need more basal
between 3 and 5 a.m. to hold down the rise you are describing.

Just my opinion