[IP] Morning sugar rises

I have a question about having good readings when I first wakeup , ie
this morning I was 112, then one hour later after getting ready and
driving to work without eating a thing I'm at 187. What's the deal here?
If I do eat before leaving for work and bolus accordingly I'm usually
under 150 two hours later. I don't think this has to do with my basal
rate but maybe I'm wrong. Any suggestions will be great.

Thanks,

Michael  Dx1991, pumping 10 months and love my 511