Re: [IP] ReTenacity & success....OT, long, but happy!!

 Congratulations, Jennifer. Our college aged son has the ibook. And I am
so jealous.

Kay

Jennifer Sutherland wrote:

  On 8/21/02 6:52 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest"   <email @ redacted>
  wrote:

  Lynn Newberg

    "Tenacity and bitchiness
    will get you everywhere.  :-)

    Fran"

    LOL! Sounds like a wonderful t-shirt slogan!

  Thank you! I have been wearing a tee shirt with "Will WORK for a 14.1"
  iBook!! ...To heck with food..." for a little over six months (No, NOT
  everyday wise guys!) and was saving a few pennies here and there and so on.
  Well, about a year later,  on Monday the 19th to be exact, I went to the
  recorder's office and did the final title transfer to my name only on the
  house. I was pretty upset as it was the final act of 'erasing' my daddy's
  name from our house.

  Thom told me to call when I was finished and he'd pick me up on the way back
  from his dentist. I called him once I got on the bus as to bring his car
  into the nuthouse known as the "Civic Center" would be horrendous and I told
  him so. I was wrecked emotionally, forgot my debit card and check and had to
  go all the way back home and get those and go back to recorder's office for
  their $10.00 fee....'ate up' another 2 hours bussing it both ways, but it
  got d
  one!! He said 'Get off at the Crystal Court (a mall here) then I'll
  treat for a coffee".

  Well, OK, we met up. Ironically, I'd gotten onto the wrong bus and it
  actually got me there quicker than the other bus I was supposed to take.
  After our coffee, Thom said: "Well, I can afford a few bucks to put on one
  of your gift cards" (I was saving by putting a buck or two every week by
  putting it onto a gift card) so we went to the APPLE Store. While there I
  was playing around on an iBook and then went to the genius bar to ask a
  question about software and the new OS X.2.

  While at the Genius bar, I saw the manageress heading towards the front with
  an iBook all boxed and ready to go, so I said 'Leave that here, please...."
  She laughed and went on up front.

  I came up in time to see the iBook, a case/sleeve type of bag and a podium
  (for laptops) on the counter and Thomas signing the credit card receipt!! HE
  BOUGHT ME MY iBOOK!!!!!!!!!

  I guess you're right! "Tenacity and bitchiness will get you everywhere.
  :-)"

  I was tenacious, but was NOT bitchy.... Aw heck with it, I should make that
  t-shirt!

  --The geek shall inherit the earth!
  Jenny Sutherland
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mac_X/