Nurse competency was Re: [IP] First week of school & @#$#$#@^%#@ Nurses!

> can we really expect a school nurse to be totally competent?
> Good luck and blessings
No we can't, however they should be able to follow the doc's orders without
questioning or changing them...they should recognize they are not the experts

and be willing to learn....

Last year, both our Endo and our CDE was getting very upset with this
nurses refusal to accept/follow their orders.     The nurse just kept faxing
the orders back asking for clarification (of what was already clear)  or
a different order that would be to her liking.

This went on for weeks.    They finally reached a point of ignoring her
voice mails-----they'd had enough harrassment.   (They also knew that I
was always reachable for them and that I'd contact them myself if there
was an actual health problem.)

They are still so aggravated with her insolence that they are just waiting
for the first altercation from her and plan on paying her a visit (and
district administration to attend).  They are also waiting (I requested them
to wait and see) to send in their Diabetes Psychologist to meet with them to
educate them on the mental anguish they put my son through last year.

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO