[IP] RE: Diabetes Songs

I, too, went to the Clara Barton Camp from the early 80s through the mid
90s!  (Jen, did I know you?)  At the end of each camp session, the staff
did a skit for the campers.  One summer, the skit was based on Mary
Poppins, and there were two songs I remember.  The first was "A Spoon
Full of Sugar helps the blood sugar go up" and the second was  a take
off on supercalafragialistic (how do you spell that?) and it went:

Low hemaglobin A1C, not ketoacidosis
Even just the sound of it is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious
Low hemaglobin A1C, not ketoacidosis
Hum diddle iddle iddle 6.9, hum diddle iddle iddle 7.2

I guess those A1Cs were pretty good for back then!

Thanks for helping me remember those!