[IP] Re carb counting books

Annie, I have good luck with "Quick Check Food Facts" by Barron's.
It is based on the U.S. Dept of Agriculture's Nutrient Database for Standard
I think looking thru available nutrient books, (in book store) & finding one
that contains alot of what you want it to food wise is best.  I picked the above
as kumquats were available on tree and found their carb count in this book, many
fruits not found readily in other books, and all kinds of beans.  Plus it is
smaller than most  books--it has what I can use.
I also use the ADA's "Diabetes Carbohydrate & Fat Gram Guide",  figure alot from
that.  Yes, I have Corrine Nestor's complete count book too which takes me 3
times as long to find what I want in.
I have a fast food pamphlet in car, other sources picked up here & there.  Even
ones from basic nutrition given out with DM classes when Dxed.
Once again, I think YMMV as to which carb counting book is best for you.  Linda