Re: [IP] hooray to the veteran :)

At 04:46 PM 8/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:12:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
> > I have been lucky to have the gene for no complications? I am
> > kidding after 54 3/4 years of diabetes I am not sure who to
> > thank genes or
> > all the DR's in Boston? I kid you again I thank GOD!
>    wow roger, im very happy and impressed...so, home glucose monitoring
> didnt come out until early to mid 80's, right?  so does that mean that
> you went for almost 40 yrs without home glucose monitoring...and i cant
> even imagine what your insulin regime was like.....you're so bold and
> tolerant for being able to get through with it...i dont think i woulda
> made it in those conditions....thats prolly why God has blessed you with
> no complications after all those yrs of hardship...bless you :)

There is a spirt list for this sort of talk.  I am offended that you think
God has blessed us for being "so bold and tolerant".  I don't think God had
much to do with it, but more my genes and  the fact that I've worked hard
at it that I don't have a ton of complications and that I am still alive.

Fran, type 1 4-23-63 with one major complication and a tiny bit of kidney