[IP] hooray to the veteran :)

In a message dated Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:12:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted writes:

> I have been lucky to have the gene for no complications? I am
> kidding after 54 3/4 years of diabetes I am not sure who to
> thank genes or
> all the DR's in Boston? I kid you again I thank GOD!

   wow roger, im very happy and impressed...so, home glucose monitoring didnt come out until early to mid 80's, right?  so does that mean that you went for almost 40 yrs without home glucose monitoring...and i cant even imagine what your insulin regime was like.....you're so bold and tolerant for being able to get through with it...i dont think i woulda made it in those conditions....thats prolly why God has blessed you with no complications after all those yrs of hardship...bless you :)

       to more happy and healthy yrs for the veteran...bassem