[IP] SSI Docs

On 8/21/02 11:56 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Sensitivity Training?
> When my g-daughter was dx'd almost a year ago, my daughter, (her mother) who
> is also Type I for 32 years started softly crying to herself and so my
> g-daughter wouldn't see her mother cry and become even more upset herself, my
> daughter kind of moved behind my g-daughter's bed and a NURSE came in and said
> "why's mommy crying?"  So of course then my g-daughter become even more upset
> to see her mom crying.  ALSO, the ER doctor didn't believe my daughter when
> she told him to check Emma for diabetes - he just didn't think that could be -
> my daughter INSISTED - he finally did, of course she was dx'd with diabetes
> and he later said to the nurse "I'm glad I listened to the mom".  The nurse
> later told my daughter this.  THIRDLY, my daughter went to  a doctor the SSI
> people sent her to the other day and he had never seen a pump and I'm thinking
> she told me he had never HEARD of an insulin pump.  This, my friends, is what
> we're dealing with.  No wonder the phrase goes "patient - heal th!
> yself".    Tammy

Despite many worries and stressors here, the very LEAST of my worries is
Medicaid/CalOPTIMA. They send me to modern docs who appreciate the pump and
only one I came up vaguely 'against' was Dr. Rettinger in Orange, CA. He
doesn't like the computer printouts and only wants the pen and ink logbooks.
Won't DL meter readings and such. But my regular Dr, and an out of network
CDE are good to me.

Most SSI doctors out here do have a fairly good grip on the tech, but if
not, I can select another.

Pocket PC's Use Windows 'CE', Home users are using 'ME' and business users
use 'NT'. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can
become very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland