Re: [IP] Being treated differently as a kid

 We have noticed also that some parents don't treat Jenny as normal. She
is a wonderful. warm, caring, popular kid (13) but she doesn't get
invited to overnights as much as we might expect. Also, she can't break
into babysitting with families we know from church. I can't figure out
why, except for the D.

It makes me sad.

Kay

email @ redacted wrote:

    ...that people don't want to bother with her because of her D...

  Zachary hasn't had this problem (luckily!!!).    Kids at his elementary
  school
  were always very protective of him.   Last year was his first year of middle
  school and I worried about problems with kids he hadn't grown up with
  (our middle school has the four elementary schools feeding into it).    New
  kids treated him normally.   They all became really great when he got so
  sick last winter and stayed home for 2nd semester.   He got cards from
  some, calls from others, messages sent through teachers, etc.

  His BIG PROBLEM instead has always been the parents of said great kids.
  They treat him differently.    They don't feel comfy having their child
  invite
  him over,  so he doesn't get invited ANYWHERE.    Hopefully,  with a new
  start this school year (7th grade)  and his new pump,  plus maturity, parents
  will start viewing him differently.

  Sincerely,

  Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12),
    Dx 2/93, 508 2/02.
  Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
  Fenton, MO