Re: [IP] Sensitivity Training?

When my g-daughter was dx'd almost a year ago, my daughter, (her mother) who is also Type I for 32 years started softly crying to herself and so my g-daughter wouldn't see her mother cry and become even more upset herself, my daughter kind of moved behind my g-daughter's bed and a NURSE came in and said "why's mommy crying?"  So of course then my g-daughter become even more upset to see her mom crying.  ALSO, the ER doctor didn't believe my daughter when she told him to check Emma for diabetes - he just didn't think that could be - my daughter INSISTED - he finally did, of course she was dx'd with diabetes and he later said to the nurse "I'm glad I listened to the mom".  The nurse later told my daughter this.  THIRDLY, my daughter went to  a doctor the SSI people sent her to the other day and he had never seen a pump and I'm thinking she told me he had never HEARD of an insulin pump.  This, my friends, is what we're dealing with.  No wonder the phrase goes "patient - heal thyself".    Tammy

In a message dated Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:19:07 +0000, email @ redacted writes:

> >My docs also told my parents I would be dead by 21
> >My doc told my folks (with me in the room) I wouldn't live to see 40.
> It wasn't just "way back then".  Six years ago (when I was
> 26), I was told
> that I wouldn't make it to 30. (I'm now 32).
> Weird Jenn
> email @ redacted

Tammy, mom to Joely, dx'd 1970; g-ma to Emma, dx'd 2001; both pumping 7-18-02