[IP] Being treated differently as a kid (and as an adult)

Subject: Re: [IP] Being treated differently as a kid

>...that people don't want to bother with her because of her D...

I got treated this way in school a lot, by kids and by teachers.  I still
get treated this way, once in a while.  (I know, I have a lot more issues
than just the D, but still....  Aren't I essentially a person like everyone

Kids in school called me a junkie, and it made me afraid to carry needles
and after a while, made me afraid to tell anyone I had D, because I'm always
afraid I'dd get mugged for the needles.

Some teachers would single me out for special attention when there were
class parties or field trips or whatevers.  There were a few though that
would call my mom and tell her what the plan was, and how much can I have?
That's the kind of teacher I like to have.

Fairly recently, the guy I was seeing broke up with me.  I honestly believe
it was because I had a bad low when I was with him one night.

I've had friends not invite me to go places with the, because they don't
want to be responsible if "something" sould happen to me.  Granted, it is a
possibility that something *could* happen to me, but the way I look at it,
its also a possibility that something could happen to one of *them* that I
would have to deal with.

Getting treated differently isn't something that's going to go away after
you graduate, unfortunately.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1