Re: [IP] First week of school & @#$#$#@^%#@ Nurses!

In a message dated 8/21/02 11:11:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> they should recognize they are not the experts
> and be willing to learn..

That is truly the bottom line...in fact if a nurse is overwhelmed ( and most
are), they should welcome a proactive parent who wants his/her child to
assume some of the responsibility...of all the "horror stories" I've heard re
schools & pumping though, the one that truly "takes the cake" (bad pun) was a
school nurse who had several teens with diabetes & told a new pumper "why
can't you leave that THING home & be like the other diabetics here who handle
it on their own without me having to be involved".....charming, huh?
Renee (Melissa's pump mom)