[IP] Animas alarms

Have other people had problems with "call service" alarms on the Animas
(alarms that can only be shut off by removing the batteries)?  Yesterday I
got an 036 alarm, the second in 6 weeks.

It was a good thing it was the second, and that I knew what to do.  I was
being prepared for a stress thallium test, and the nurse was balking about a
saline-only IV. saying that she had heard concern about the isotope not being
compatible (??? - seems unlikely to me -- is there anything in a saline IV
that is not in a dextrose one?)  Anyway, I had checked my blood sugar and
found it to be high, so figured since I was going to bolus anyway, I would
just bolus a little extra and not get into it at that hour of the morning for
tthat small an amount.  But when I pressed the light button to activate the
pump, I got the 036 alarm, with no CONFIRM possibility, saying instead to
"call service".  Not really an easy call to make right there and then, being
already hooked up with the belt of wires <gr.>.  So I disconnected, took out
and then put back in the batteries (amazingly, without them rolling all over
the floor <gr.>), reset the time and date, checked the basal setup,
programmed a bolus and pressed enter, confirmed the alarm that then sounded
and re-primed the pump, reprogrammed the bolus and pressed enter and watched
a good drop form  -- then I had to get the nurse to help me reconnect because
the site was on my upper buttocks and I just couldn't maneuver well enough
with that heavy belt of wires - then bolused into me and told the nurse I was
ready.  So I was actually glad I hadn't gotten too aggressive about arguing
with her about the saline, because maybe then she wouldn't have been so
patient through all of this, which of course took a while <gr.>

So what have been others' experiences with these alarms?  Is this just
chance, or do you find you have them this often?  Have they ever occurred
without your pressing a button first?  (Yesterday I was picturing all the
wildly inappropriate places for it to happen <gr.> -- but if it only happens
when I already have it in my hands, which has so far been true, that would be
substantially less of a worry).

Linda Z