Re: [IP] RE: High BG and Complications

In a message dated 8/21/02 1:25:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> .  If an individual
> wants to experience diabetes casually, thats fine too so long as they do it
> knowingly.

Who said anything about experiencing diabetes "casually'?  I do admit that as
a teen I didn't have the tightest control.  However I was dealing with
poverty and an alcoholic parent.....I was doing damn good just to get out of
bed everyday and go on with life.  We all know what stress and depression
does for glucose control, right?  Now as an adult, try as I might I hardly
EVER have a day when my blood sugars don't go over 300 at some point.....but
it's not for my lack of trying.  There are simply some circumstances that I
CANNOT control and I am tired of being made to feel guilty for not being able
to do so.  I'm not being fatalistic.....I'm being realistic.  I never said
that ANYONE should not do their best to keep their blood sugars "under
control".  I was simply stating that my control has not always been that best
and yet I still have no complications after 26 yrs.  So perfect blood sugars
are not the be-all end-all indicators for the development or nondevelopment
of the hideous complications we all face.  I was hoping to give those of us
who are out there that aren't able to achieve "perfect" A1Cs at least a shred
of hope......and I still do hope that.  So there!  Ok, I need to go calm down
now....I can already feel my glucose rising :-(