[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #550

     The mind is an incredible piece of work, if a person is going to be in
denial, I think a Dr using scare tactics is almost sure not to work, after
all, they (patient) will never get that sick, it could not happen!!!
     I was in the 8 th month of my 1 st pregnancy when the wonderful warden,
oh, excuse me, chief medical resident so kindly informed me I would probably
be dead by the time I was 40. Nice huh, and he was an ob-gyn, I though that
was a people friendly field!! I cannot prove it, but I am pretty sure I was
kept hospitalized for the last 4 months of my pregnancy as part of a medicaid
scam, I never was near DKA, and it was not the excellent care being in the
hospital that kept me out of ketosis either!
     Sharon, I agree completely, scare tactics are useless, empowerment works
better, give people with D the new tools to treat the disease, educate them,
and let them know it can be done, a positive will always outweigh the
   Jacky D.