Re: [IP] Re: Scare tactics to make us gain better control....yeah right

In a message dated 8/20/02 9:48:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> There is a fine line between pushing a child and causing them to be
> determined to do better and pushing a child and causing them to rebel at
> their own expense. Our job as parents is to TRY to know exactly where that
> line is.

Now why couldn't I have had a Dad...or a Mom for that matter......more like
you?  I really do admire the parents who post on here everyday.  I am utterly
amazed at your devotion to your kids and their well-being.  I'm not sure what
my parent's approach to helping me handle my diabetes was....probably along
the lines of "we don't really understand it so let's just ignore it and hope
for the best".  I know that sounds harsh but they really did nothing to help
me cope with the disease.  My dad knew absolutely nothing about diabetes, my
mom knew just the basics.  When I read how active the parents here are in
their kid's lives, with school issues, worrying about whether the kids check
their sugars or bolus correctly, etc. it almost brings tears to my eyes.
Well, to tell you the truth it DOES bring tears to my eyes.  Thank you so
much for sharing your stories here....some day your kids will see the value
in what you're doing and thank you too if they already haven't.  What I
wouldn't give to have grown up with parents that cared even half as much as
you guys do.