Re: [IP] Need some help: Outlook and folders

Peg!  Thanks for the tip.  It works so well!

Change of subject:  Bad carb counting book.
I quickly bought a carb counting book before I went on vacation to our place
in NY's 1000 Islands (well, it's Canada's islands too but our island is in
NY).  I will get the name and author of this horrible book next time I go
there (just before I burn it in a big, hot fire) and will tell you what it
is so you all know not to buy it.

All I wanted was the carbs because we prepare all our own foods and we steer
pretty clear of fats etc. when we can.  (But even when I don't think I need
it, knowing things other than carbs helps in a big way--I'll buy a better
book next time; see end of post.)

But, besides only giving carbs and calories, not explaining or defining
portions very well, concentrating on brand names of foods, at the expense of
not including some whole foods (like plums or risotto; couldn't find
either), it gave very erroneous information; and I paid for this in a big
way one very long day.

It's August and it's pretty much the only time of year that I eat
blueberries.  I knew that blueberries have more carbs than, say,
strawberries, and I should have questioned what the book said, but I bolused
for what it did say.  "1/2 cup blueberries = 45 grams carbohydrates" Ow!  I
plummeted big time and over-corrected (I'm sure because it was so scary) and
then, of course, rebounded.  Just bounced all over the place all day.  When
I finally recovered, I just felt MAD, at myself for not questioning the book
and MAD, at the stupid book.  My book at home, which I've had since 1994,
indicates that 1/2 cup blues = 10.2.  I gave myself triple what I should
have.

The moral of the story?  I don't know, "question authority"?  (Popular
bumper sticker in Ithaca, NY)  What I learned was, if it doesn't seem right,
even though it's in black-and-white, bolus what you think is right and if
you haven't give yourself enough, correct for it later.

My question tonight?  Can anyone recommend a good food count guide?  I want
to get a better one for the island and the one I have at home is old (1994);
there's probably something better now.  I don't want computer software
(don't have or want a computer up there while I'm getting away from it all).
Just want a good reference book so I can make better decisions and truly
have peace of mind in one of the most beautiful spots on the globe.

Annie