[IP] Re: Scare tactics to make us gain better control....yeah right

>>> Anyway, she says to me " I see here
that you don't take very good care of your diabetes." <snip> She shot back
at me "You wouldn't be laughing if you could see the people I see coming in
here and leaving without their feet or legs!"  Geeeez, I just
wanted to smack her!  I still want to go back and look her up so that I
could tell her what I really thought of that little incident. Grrrrrrrr.
What could she possibly have hoped to accomplish by yelling that at me at
that moment??  Some people!!! SharonJ>>>

Just last night at dialysis I had a tech whom I had before and ended up
crying REAL tears and yelling. I had someone else put those needles in me.
When she spoke to me she'd call me *Ma'am* where the others call me Jan.
When she put the stetho on my back during my standing BP, I jumped
(sensitive system) and it disturbed her (well - me too!!!). When she was to
remove the needles I asked if she had the gauze ready. No, I said, don't let
them dangle. She said, "You're okay!" Later I thought I will say next time,
"Which end of these needles would you rather be on????" She told me several
times I was okay. IF I'm okay, why do I need the Emla on 2 hrs before, 2
X-Str Tylenol 1 hr. before and 2 more 3 hrs. later - then in misery until
they're outa there????? They may do this jabbing for a living, but I'm the

Since I'm doing this the rest of my life and she'll someday pursue another
job, It's MY skin she dealing with!!!! I know one gal who lets only certain
people jab her. I'm getting there. Most of them are very nice, but this one
is pretty rude.

This isn't about scare tactics, but rude comments by those who should know
better! (~_^)

You can get used to anything - even hanging, if you hang long enough.

Don't ever follow someone else's system to be less of a problem; make your
own system to eliminate your problems ~ George Lovelace

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until
you hear them speak