-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted

That reminds me of something that happened to me as a teenager.  Actually I
was 18 and had just had my tonsils removed.  I was in the recovery room and
when I woke up, the recovery room nurse was sitting there beside me looking
at my charts.  Well, I had had diabetes for 8 years at that point and had
had the best control in the world.....teenage rebellion was rearing its ugly
head and had been for several years.  Anyway, she says to me " I see here
that you don't take very good care of your diabetes."  Besides being more
than a little groggy from the anesthesia, I really couldn't speak yet, so I
just let out a little grunt which to her I suppose sounded like a laugh.
shot back at me "You wouldn't be laughing if you could see the people I see
coming in here and leaving without their feet or legs!"  Geeeez, I just
wanted to smack her!  I still want to go back and look her up so that I
tell her what I really thought of that little incident.  Grrrrrrrr.  What
could she possibly have hoped to accomplish by yelling that at me at that
moment??  Some people!!!