-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted

That reminds me of something that happened to me as a teenager.  Actually I
was 18 and had just had my tonsils removed.  I was in the recovery room and
when I woke up, the recovery room nurse was sitting there beside me looking
at my charts.  Well, I had had diabetes for 8 years at that point and had
not
had the best control in the world.....teenage rebellion was rearing its ugly
head and had been for several years.  Anyway, she says to me " I see here
that you don't take very good care of your diabetes."  Besides being more
than a little groggy from the anesthesia, I really couldn't speak yet, so I
just let out a little grunt which to her I suppose sounded like a laugh.
She
shot back at me "You wouldn't be laughing if you could see the people I see
coming in here and leaving without their feet or legs!"  Geeeez, I just
wanted to smack her!  I still want to go back and look her up so that I
could
tell her what I really thought of that little incident.  Grrrrrrrr.  What
could she possibly have hoped to accomplish by yelling that at me at that
moment??  Some people!!!

SharonJ