Re: [IP] Being treated differently as a kid

In a message dated 8/20/02 7:48:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> heading to church last
> Sunday, I found out from her that she always expects people not to like
> her,
> especially at school, because that has been her experience...that people
> don't want to bother with her because of her D....although lots of people
> have stepped up to the plate this summer

Isn't it awful...the things kids do to each other?   I remember one
neighborhood kid warning everyone else to stay away from me because they
might "catch it".  I can still feel that stab of pain that I felt when I
heard him say it.  To this day, I still automatically assume that people will
not like me or at least will feel differently towards me because of my
diabetes (though in my head I know better).