[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #549

In a message dated Tue, 20 Aug 2002 3:31:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted writes:

> And my bet is that in 5 - 6 years, you still won't be able to buy
> anything that will let you play tennis.  It will still be just around
> the corner.  To paraphrase Forrest Gump, FULLY DEVELOPED is as fully
> developed does.  And right now, it sure doesn't.
>    And I'm so sure of that,  I'd be willing to bet my pump
> on it.

   right now, it sure doesnt, but very soon, or at least, soon enough, a closed loop dripped into the peritoneum will be here.
i can bet my paradigm on it, and why not bet my dog, lassie, too.

   in regards to the pain, i highly doubt theyre going to develop a catheter long term in the peritoneum where youd experience discomfort..dont you think pain would be noted in the clinical trials from the 20 people who already tried it out, where it was proven on them safe and effective??

          just my opinion