[IP] Pumping and camping?

Pumpers and Friends,
 I hope everyone is having a great summer, I had a great time at Diabetic
Camp. Then had a hard month after it with my gut giving me some problems.
Anyway, I have been asked about how kids and pumps are handled at camp?  What
information did you need to send to camp? Did the camper do their own blood
sugars / bolus? Did they need to go to med station or did the med staff come
to them? Who checked the camper pump? What happen at camp the pumper did not
like or did like? Is there something you would like to be done at camp
programs/ active / skills learned. If you can send your info to me at
email @ redacted
I saw this post about Camperships:

   With Its Program Mushrooming to 212 Kids in 2002, Company Seeks Nominees
                By Jan. 31, 2003 for Next Year's Scholarships

    ALAMEDA, Calif., Aug. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
TheraSense, Inc. (Nasdaq: THER), a leader in glucose monitoring and maker of
the popular, virtually pain-free FreeStyle(TM) blood glucose monitoring
system, today issued a call for nominations for its 2003 summer camp
scholarship program that enable children and teens with diabetes to attend one
of the dozens of diabetes camps nationwide, tuition-free.  Now in its third
year, TheraSense's program has invited healthcare providers to nominate
children for camp scholarships, and in 2002 was able to sponsor 212 kids
across the U.S.  The camps cost anywhere from $50 for a typical weekend
retreat to $600 or more for a two-week residence program.
    Children and teens with diabetes as well as their parents are encouraged
to contact their healthcare professional or diabetes educator for entry
information, or may obtain more information from TheraSense at
http://www.therasense.com.  The deadline for healthcare professionals to
entries is Jan. 31, 2003.
    "At TheraSense we understand the importance of giving children with
diabetes a healthy start, in their life long journey with diabetes, or until a
cure is found," said Jay Dunigan, Director of Professional Relations &
Government Affairs.  "Meeting peers at one of the many diabetes camping
programs in the US and around the world is a great, proven method for getting
them on the right track.  We appreciate the opportunity to support these
programs with scholarships and product support."
    TheraSense's scholarship program also includes a special fund in the name
of Zula Walters, former Executive Director of the Diabetes Camping
Association, which has over 150 US and worldwide camping programs. She is a
26-year volunteer supporting children with diabetes, and diabetes camping
programs. The group's website offers information on camps,
    Since TheraSense's founding in 1996, the company has made significant
commitments in scholarship and product donations to over 100 U.S. diabetes
camping programs, as well as having many employees volunteer their time at
many of these programs.

    About TheraSense
    TheraSense develops, manufactures and sells easy to use glucose monitoring
systems that dramatically reduce the pain of testing for people with diabetes.
The company began selling its first product, FreeStyle(TM), in June 2000.
FreeStyle has wide distribution in the United States through national
retailers including Walgreens, Wal-Mart, CVS, Eckerd and Rite Aid. FreeStyle
is distributed in various European countries by Disetronic Group, the leading
provider of insulin pumps in Europe. FreeStyle is distributed in Japan by
Nipro Corporation, the Japanese market leader in dialysis and insulin pumps.
TheraSense's headquarters and test strip manufacturing facility are located in
Alameda, California.  Visit us at http://www.therasense.com