[IP] Re: Re: Highs in hot weather

In a message dated 8/19/02  email @ redacted writes:

<< Anyone know why heat makes them go up, or is it because not enough
of water?
I find that my bg goes up (and sometimes by a whole lot) when my skin has
been at all damaged (gotten pinkish, for instance) by the sun.  I guess
hydration might be involved -- sort of a hard balance to keep in that
situation.  And, of course, if the weather is hot and I am not as active
because of it, I will also need more insulin (no matter how much sunscreen
and protective clothing I have used <gr.>).

Linda Z