[IP] Lows in Hot Weather

I am not a doctor, but I am a diabetic runner.  And I do know that in hot
weather, your body pools more blood near the surface in an attempt to cool the
body, leaving less blood available to the muscles for work.  Therefore runners
have to ingest more carbohydrates in hot weather to counter this effect, or
slow down.  In other words, it takes more fuel to do the same amount of work
in hot weather.  If you try to do the same amount of work/exercise with the
same amount of fuel, you will definitely go low.  Been there, done that. Don't
want to do it again.
Roger Wendell
Team Diabetes